- 研究探讨了21个前沿概念, 比如有意识的飞行器, 基于轨迹的操作, artificial intelligence and digital trust technology, 将定义航空的未来
- Digital Connectivity Timeline outlines when the industry’s most critical technological innovations will be adopted
航空旅行正在复苏, a new report published by 谁有冰球突破网站 and Inmarsat highlights the critical role that digital connectivity will play in accelerating aviation’s long-term recovery. 报告，”Why the future of aviation starts with connectivity’, offers insights and direction for key aviation stakeholders and governments as they reconsider their priorities for the industry’s future.
The report highlights a number of transformative changes ahead for the aviation industry and examines how airlines can take advantage of the enormous opportunities created as a result.
Timeline for technology innovations becoming reality
作为研究的一部分, experts from 克兰菲尔德 have developed a Digital Connectivity Timeline, which outlines when 21 of the industry’s most critical technological innovations can be expected to reach adoption. It focuses on three distinct timeframes: five years (technologies at advanced stages of development and in some cases are being piloted by organisations ahead of market adoption), between five to ten years (technologies under early development with potential to be trialled in some sectors), and beyond the next decade (concepts under consideration for product or service offering development).
These technologies will enable a range of innovative concepts to make their way onto aircraft and airspace, helping to define the future of aviation while leading to important step changes in passenger experience and sustainability efforts. 其中探讨的概念包括:
- 如何……有意识的飞机的 uses sensing and communication technologies to create an integrated aircraft health, 维护, and performance management system that is capable of a fully aware state, with the ability to either take or suggest appropriate action. 例如, it can accurately predict the health of aircraft components and automatically reconfigure them to optimise their lifecycle. In addition, it can sense changes in the external environment, like weather or a volcanic ash cloud. 减少了对计划维护的需求, as well as anticipating the potential for component failures, 维护 costs would be cut by an estimated 30%.
- 如何……Connected Journey’ will enhance a passenger’s experience with more efficient and personalised wayfinding through airports, more intelligent and response baggage tracking, 实时更新航班中断情况, 以及无缝的高速飞行连接.
- How Trajectory Based Operations are a critical step towards the future management of air traffic, allowing more efficient traffic sequencing and routine deployment of so-called fuel efficient ‘green descents’ to airport terminal areas.
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital trust technologies have enormous potential to be applied across all aviation sectors. AI can provide intelligent advice on aircraft management issues and make informed decisions under pressure – when t在这里 is the need to make a diversion, for example – with camera-based traffic detection, or helping crew to anticipate and prevent critical situations. Machine Learning (ML) can improve accuracy of any application involving optimisation, from sensor calibration to fuel tank checks to icing detection.
The report also examines how the complexity and interoperability of future ecosystems are significant challenges for technology providers, 监管机构和航空公司.
Karen Holford教授CBE FREng, 行政总裁兼副校长, 谁有冰球突破网站, said: “While this is a time of great challenge for the aviation industry, reports such as this one show the path that technology can put us on towards a brighter and more sustainable future. ‘Digital aviation’ and the foundation of connectivity needs to stop being just a concept of tomorrow, 并成为今天的现实. This report sets out the many technological possibilities and what can be achieved in the short to medium term. What is needed now is for us all to redouble our efforts to make them a reality.”
菲利普Carette, 国际海事卫星组织航空总裁, said: “Our new report with 谁有冰球突破网站 has considered how the role of digital connectivity, 以各种形式, can enable and accelerate meeting the rapidly changing needs of air travellers and of the aviation sector itself. It has identified specific challenges and opportunities that, 如果解决, will have a direct beneficial effect on the sector’s resilience, 它对减少气候变化的贡献, and to new customer service offerings that will enhance passengers’ willingness to travel in the post-pandemic world.”
The full report, executive summary and Digital Connectivity Timeline are available 在这里.